Tips to Fight Termite Infestation from Team Champion
Although Spring is typically the season for termite swarming, it is helpful to practice termite prevention all year round so your home is as safe as possible. Termite infestation prevention techniques help secure your home’s structural integrity and reduce property damage from termites.
As a homeowner, you can take steps to prevent termites from making their way into your home. Along with the tips listed below, you can request a professional termite inspection for your home by our inspectors at Team Champion. Our experienced El Monte termite inspectors can give you the peace of mind that your home is termite free.
Call Team Champion in El Monte today to discuss your termite concerns and schedule an inspection!
Expert Tips for Termite Prevention
You can protect your home from termite infestation through preventative measures that make your home less accessible and appealing. When guarding against potential termite infestations, water and wood are the main focuses.
- Repair leaks from faucets, pipes, and air conditioning units
- Eliminate standing water and reduce access to moisture in and around your home
- Divert rainwater away from the house with gutters, splash guards, and rain catchment
- Point sprinkler heads away from your structure and foundation
- Direct pooling, puddles, and water flow away from your home
- Repair fascia and roof shingles
- Inspect and monitor all areas of wood on the structure: windowsills and frames, doorframes, skirting
- Inspect exterior wood structures: patio covers, pergolas, children’s playsets, etc.
- Store firewood or woodworking scraps at least 20 feet away from your home when possible
- Inspect and monitor your home’s foundation for signs of paint damage, wood damage, or mud tubes made by termites
- Trim shrubs away from your home, keeping a twelve-inch gap between plants and your exterior walls
- Make sure your landscape is well maintained
- Seal gaps around pipes, electrical wiring, and HVAC systems so your structure is secure
- Turn off exterior lights so that flying termites are not attracted to the light
- Schedule a professional inspection if you have concerns or see any signs of termite activity.
Protecting Your Home is Easy with Help from Team Champion
Once you find termites around your home or suspect their presence, you may already have an infestation. Don’t wait for the signs to be obvious; call a member of our team and let us help you protect your home. The experienced termite inspectors and exterminators at Team Champion can give you the confidence you need when it comes to your home’s structural integrity.