Bedbugs are No Joke: Protect Your Home and Family with Help from Team Champion
A bedbug infestation can be a costly inconvenience, especially when the infestation becomes established and there is a risk of spreading out of the household. It is critical to find bedbugs early. Treating a minor infestation is far less costly and much easier to treat, as these pesky bugs make their way into hiding places and can travel quickly. They can even spread to other homes if you live in an apartment or condo. Learning bedbug hiding places, signs of their presence, and understanding their habits make inspections part of your cleaning routine and give you a head start in fighting them.
Treat bedbugs fast with professional help from our El Monte professionals at Team Champion. We can provide inspections for bedbugs as well as the intensive treatment that you may need.
Watch for the Signs Bedbugs Leave Behind
Bedbugs can easily be mistaken for other insects such as carpet beetles. Unfortunately, the consequence of misidentification is painful and expensive, allowing time for the bedbugs to spread and feed on your family.
Bites are one indication of an infestation, but it is important to look for physical signs of bedbugs when cleaning, changing bedding, or when staying away from home. Watching for signs of bedbugs is your first step in the protection from and prevention of infestation. Signs of a bedbug infestation may include:
- Live bugs that resemble carpet beetles but that may hide anywhere there is cover or shade, typically in cloth or wood
- Reddish or rusty colored stains on bedsheets, mattresses, or other bedding caused by bedbugs being crushed
- Dark spots or dots the size of a pencil tip indicate bedbug excrement, these spots may bleed on the fabric the way a marker would
- Eggshells and eggs that are 1mm in size and are pale yellow; shed by the bedbug nymphs as they grow larger
Where Do Bedbugs Hide?
When bedbugs are not feeding, they hide in a variety of places. They can be found around the bed, near piping, in box springs or mattresses, or in cracks in the nearby wood.
If a room is heavily infested, bedbugs may be found in:
- Seams of chairs, couches, between cushions, and in the fold of curtains
- In drawer joints, electrical outlets, receptacles, and appliances
- Under loose wallpaper and objects hanging on walls
- At the joints of the walls and ceiling or walls and floor
- In the head of screws, within carpets, and in clothing
Bedbug Habits and Living Conditions
Inspecting your home properly may include an awareness of bedbug behavior and typical living conditions. Bedbugs prefer to feed on humans but will feed on other mammals for survival if no humans are present. They will travel up to 20 feet from their established hiding place to feed and will most likely feed in darkness. It can take up to 12 minutes for bedbugs to finish a feeding. These bugs remain active and can survive at temperatures as low as 46 degrees (Fahrenheit) and high as 110 degrees but will die if temps reach above 113 degrees.
Let Team Champion Inspect and Treat for Bedbugs at Your El Monte Home
When you suspect your home has a bedbug problem, time is not on your side, and you need to get help fast. Bedbugs can make your life at home less than desirable, biting you as you sleep and feeding on your family. Put your family’s safety into capable hands and call Team Champion. Whether bedbugs came home from vacation in your luggage, traveled into your home from a neighborhood house, or appeared out of nowhere, our guys can send them packing.